Director of Special Events
Dallas Museum of Art Dallas, TX
September 2014 – July 2017
SPECIALTIES –Sponsorship cultivation, fundraising events, protocol expert, full-scale event production, collateral design and printing, creative direction.
- Lead the planning and execution for all Museum-wide special events for donor cultivation, members programming, exhibition openings, VIP dinners and receptions, and the DMA’s four signature fundraisers.
- Work collaboratively with event fundraising chairs and volunteers to foster institutional engagement and raise maximum revenue, while providing appropriate internal coordination.
- Oversee all fundraising underwriting campaigns and corporate support.
- Secured over $6.5 million from individuals, national and international corporate underwriters and sponsorships to support museum events and programs.
- Manage fundraising budget of over $1 million.
- Coordination and sequencing of decision-making; event execution, collaboration, oversight, and technical assistance.
- Oversee the strategic planning, administration, and implementation of special events for the DMA, adhering to the highest standards of protocol, social etiquette, Museum practices, and fiscal responsibility.
- Prepare pre- and post-event analysis; assess opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to future events
- Specialize in event protocol and liaison for VIP security and museum security.
- Supervise staff (3) responsible for all aspects of special events and catering services for the Museum.
- Serve as the primary event staff liaison with the DMA's contracted food service provider.
Assistant Director of Events and Food Service Operations
Meadows Museum - SMU, Dallas, TX
June 2008 – September 2014 (6 years +)
- Design, and manage all Museum events. Production schedules, Entertainment management, Management of all vendors, Floral design and production, Management of rentals, Lighting design and production, Installation and strike timeline, Guest accommodation, Invitation design and list management
- Hire and supervise events specialist staff (3)
- Director of venue sales including contracts, billing and client appreciation follow-up correspondence.
- Solicits and secures national and international corporate underwriting and in-kind sponsorships to support museum programs.
- Some examples including, but not limited to; The City of Valencia tourism, American Airlines, BBVA Compass, Janet Kafka, Honorary Consul of Spain, Scardello, International Trade Consultant, ACC10 Inc. Government of Catalonia, National Trust Historic Preservation (DC), HEB Central Market, Café Madrid, Freixenet USA, Aramark, Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc., George Bush Foundation, Hispanic Heritage Foundation (DC), Baylor, UT Southwestern, U. S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce Southwest, and SMU colleges and organizations.
- Manage and Staff external clients’ events (weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events/meetings)
- Work with diverse student groups and university departments in major event and entertainment planning
- Creates and distributes select promotional marketing collateral including articles for At the Meadows Magazine.
- Develop public and members programming
- Hire and contract guest lectures, Sommeliers, Celebrity chefs
- Protocol expert (Presidents, Ambassadors, Senators, International delegations)
- Liaison for VIP security and museum security (USSS, Texas Rangers, Dallas PD, SMU PD)
- Lead staff point person for the opening of the new museum restaurant including lease negotiations, kitchen renovations, legal contracts and requests for funding proposal
- Restaurant and commercial kitchen renovation project manager
- Liaison between Meadows Museum and SMU Legal, Risk management, Auxiliary services
- Direct reporting to Meadows Museum Advisory Council
Events and Development Director - Lexington Art League, Lexington, KY
Aug 2005 – April 2008
Membership and Education Director - Headley-Whitney Museum, Lexington, KY
Jan 2003 – July 2005
B.F.A. 2D and 3D Design, Interpersonal Communication, 2002 Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY
Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY
Microsoft Office Suite, Access, Blackbaud, RE, Wordpress, Squarespace, Social Media